Health, Safety and Environment:
To develop and implement the project HSE Strategy, framework, policies, Safety Management System and specific Safety Management Plans as they apply to the project. Ensure the project complies with the relevant HSE Legislation, HSE requirements and International HSE codes and standards. As a minimum OHSAS 18001& ISO14001.
Ensuring policy, objectives, targets and standards are measured, and recorded to ensure that the highest possible HSE standards are maintained in line with client procedures, contract requirements
Ensure that key project deliverables are identified and achieved.
Champion HSE by setting a personal example and demonstrate leadership in the implementation of HSE processes and initiatives.
Support and provide engineering/technical input to HSE philosophy and safety system design for EMS, hazardous area classification and emergency evacuation procedures. Coordinate with Project Management Team, PMC Team, and client with best practice health and safety management systems, ensuring due attention is paid to HSE during design, construction, pre/commissioning and operation phase of the project.
Provide on site technical guidance; developing, implementing and providing appropriate training modules/programs with feedback reports on wide variety of HSE related topics for managers, supervisors & workers pertaining to safe work practices, safety in design, risk analysis/hazard management (HAZID, HAZOP, FEA, QRA, ALARP, JSA)
Interfacing with sub-contractors and ensuring their HSES management system and security plans are aligned to the project specific needs, change proposals, regulatory compliance and consents.
Ensure that the HSE contractor/vendor selection requirements are embedded with in the procurement processes.
With the assistance of the project Procurement Manager ensure all contractors and vendors meet and or exceed the project HSE selection criteria.
Assist in Setting key performance indicators (KPI’s) and their application as a tool for Pro-active approach for the continual improvement process
Support the identification and implementation of project safety initiatives, coordinate reviews and ensure recommendations are progressed, tracked and closed out
Develop and maintain Statistical data and trend reports.
Prepare reports as required for client,
Conduct Risk Assessments and develop HSE method statements and local safe work procedures for the Company and its Contractors and ensure their timely application at site.
To assist in the investigation and appraisal of HSE related incidents and to develop remedial actions to reduce HSE risk.
To manage HSE audits of the project. To ensure that audits are completed on schedule and that resultant action plans are implemented
Establish HSE recognition and rewards programs that may be established, and arrange the appropriate ceremonies to recognise the achievements.
Work with the Location Quality Manager/s / HSE Managers and the Construction Team to ensure the following:
- Construction Management Plans and procedures are developed and implemented in compliance with the requirements of the Project Management Process (PMP) and Enterprise Management System (EMS) and the HSE management system of One-Way, consistent with contractual requirements.
- Construction personnel are suitably trained in project plan requirements and to access and apply systems, procedures and reference materials via the EMS, PMP, One-Way as applicable.
- Effective implementation of site design control processes including; site queries, design change implementation, field engineering and redlining/as-built etc. and associated verification, validation and review activities.
- Effective implementation and coordination of receiving inspection and disposition of non-conforming materials and equipment.
- Effective implementation and verification of construction inspection and testing activities including verification of inspection and test programs associated with commissioning.
- Compilation, review/approval of construction and commissioning quality records as the basis for mechanical completion and handover of completed work.
- Effective implementation of site non-conformance, corrective action, and preventive action management processes.
- Establishment of an effective risk based audit program for construction activities in both Quality and HSE.
- Effectiveness of project management review programs including collection analysis and reporting of project performance measures.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Practical experience in managing HSE and QA/QC in projects.
- Must be conversant with local and international HSE laws, regulations and norms.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and proven track record of successful project management.
- Must be experienced in managing HSE and QA/QC discipline personnel. Experienced with implementing ISO 9000, OHSAS 18001 and 14000 Series and International Standards relevant to oil & gas industry
- B.Sc Engineering
- Must have total minimum of 15 years post graduation experience,
- Must have minimum 10 years post graduation experience in the oil & gas/refinery/petrochemicals industry,
- Must have minimum 5 years’ experience in related designation / speciality
- Must have minimum 5 years Middle East experience
- Should be capable of leading a team of HSE QA personnel
- Good communication skills